Clary Sage is a biennial or perennial herb that grows up to six feet in height. Clary Sage is known for its calming properties and benefits to the skin. The main chemical component of Clary Sage is linalyl acetate, part of the esters group, making it one of the most relaxing, soothing, and balancing essential oils. In the Middle Ages, the Clary Sage plant was frequently used to soothe skin. Inhaling Clary Sage promotes feelings of relaxation, before retiring to bed.
- During your menstrual cycle, rub 3 to 5 drops on the abdomen for a soothing massage
- Combine with Roman Chamomile and add to bath water for a relaxing bath
- Diffuse or apply to pillow at night. Use before a peaceful sleep
- Add to shampoo or hair conditioner to promote healthy looking hair and scalp
- Combine with a carrier oil to massage and soothe the skin
Directions for Use
Diffusion: Use three to four drops in the diffuser of choice.
Food Additive Use: Add 1 to 2 drops to food
Topical Use: Apply one to two drops to desired area. Dilute with a carrier oil to minimise any skin sensitivity.
Possible skin sensitivity. Keep out of reach of children. If you are pregnant, nursing, or under a doctor’s care, consult your physician. Avoid contact with eyes, inner ears, and sensitive areas.
*Info from doTERRA product information page